Local artisans will be at the Pioneer Village to display and sell their handmade wares. There will also be many pioneer handicrafts that you can learn about and participate in, such as cornhusk dolls, blacksmithing, spinning, and more.
This year’s Pioneer Craft Fair will feature:
- A real blacksmith at work
- Candle dipping (make your own candle!)
- Corn husk doll making (make your own corn husk doll!)
- A horse or two
- The Old-Time Fiddlers (11:00-12:00)
- Other traditional pioneer music
- Bobbin lace making and tatting
- Spinning and sewing
- Handcart rides
- Pioneer games
- . . . and more!
Here are some highlights from last year’s Craft Fair: