(All events are held at the Provo Pioneer Village unless otherwise noted. Some events may be cancelled or changed without notice.)
The Provo Pioneer Village is closed for the winter season, but will reopen by appointment from April 2nd -May 26th 2018. Our official summer season will begin on May 26th.
- 2018 Provo Founders’ Day Celebration: Monday April 2nd. Gates open at 5 pm. Historical presentation and children’s activities begin at 6 pm.
- *2018 Volunteer Training: May 19th 10 am- 2 pm
- Opening weekend 2018 season: May 26th 10 am-4 pm
- Memorial Day 2018: May 28th 10 am-8 pm
- Saturday June 2nd: Craft Fair at the Village 10 am-2 pm
- *Volunteer Training: If you plan to attend docent training, please RSVP at provopioneervillageSUP@gmail.com or 801-375-9299.
From May-September the Village holds special community showcases. These events involve individuals and community groups joining us to tell the story of Provo’s pioneer settlement. When possible, these showcases will be posted to the calendar, but sometimes the showcases are spontaneous. Some things you might see:
- Blacksmith demonstrations and instruction
- Pioneer skills demonstrations and instruction
- Toy making (whirligigs, cornhusk dolls)
- Butter making
- Pioneer music and dance demonstrations
- Storytelling – Come and share your stories
- Quilt making and demonstrations
- Handcart rides and wagon rides
- Photo instruction
The Utah Old-time Fiddlers will perform at the Village every first and third Monday of each month during the summer season. Blacksmithing demonstrations happen each Monday, Wednesday and Friday, and occasionally on Thursdays and Saturdays as demand requires.
We are looking for partners from the community to share appropriate activities that will be instructional and entertaining. We invite community members to contact us with their ideas and availability.