(All events are held at the Provo Pioneer Village unless otherwise noted. Some events may be cancelled or changed without notice.)
- Monday, April 2: Founder’s Day Celebration, 5:00 pm – 8:00 pm
- Come celebrate the 167th anniversary of the founding of Provo! 5:00 pm: Village opens. 6:00 pm: Robert Carter will present on the Provo Riot. All of the historic buildings will be open and our costumed living historians will be present to give tours and demonstrate 19th century skills. Event is free, but a suggested donation of $2 per person is welcome.
- Saturday, May 19: Volunteer Training, 10:00 am – 2:00 pm
- If you plan to attend docent training, please RSVP at provopioneervillageSUP@gmail.com or 801-375-9299.
- Saturday, May 26: Opening Weekend! Open 10:00 am – 4:00 pm
- Monday, May 28: Memorial Day, open 10:00 am – 8:00pm
- Saturday, June 9: Pioneer Craft Fair, 10:00 am – 4:00 pm
- Please join us for a morning full of fun activities and demonstrations. The Craft Fair will run from 10:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. and the village will remain open until 4:00 p.m. We will have several craftsmen and women. This event is free to the public and great for people of all ages.
- Thursday, June 14: Blacksmithing Class
- Cost: $25. Must RSVP via email or phone; see event page.
- Wednesday, July 4: 4th of July, 12:00 pm – 7:00 pm
- We’re participating in the Provo Freedom Festival Parade in downtown Provo in the morning, then celebrating July 4th at the Pioneer Village
- Tuesday, July 24: Pioneer Day, open 10:00 am – 6:00 pm
- Monday, September 3: Labor Day, last day of the season! Open 10:00 am – 7:00 pm
From May-September the Village holds special community showcases. These events involve individuals and community groups joining us to tell the story of Provo’s pioneer settlement. When possible, these showcases will be posted to the calendar, but sometimes the showcases are spontaneous. Some things you might see:
- Blacksmith demonstrations and instruction
- Pioneer skills demonstrations and instruction
- Toy making (whirligigs, cornhusk dolls)
- Butter making
- Pioneer music and dance demonstrations
- Storytelling – Come and share your stories
- Quilt making and demonstrations
- Handcart rides and wagon rides
- Photo instruction
The Utah Old-time Fiddlers typically perform at the Village every first and third Monday of each month during the summer season. Blacksmithing demonstrations usually happen on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, and occasionally on Thursdays and Saturdays as demand requires. Please call or email ahead to confirm whether these demonstrations will take place during your visit.
We are always looking for partners from the community to share appropriate activities that will be educational and entertaining. We invite community members to contact us with their ideas and availability.