(All events are held at the Provo Pioneer Village unless otherwise noted. Some events may be cancelled or changed without notice.)
The Provo Pioneer Village is closed for the season, but will be open in December 2017 for the Pioneer Christmas celebration.
- 2017 Victorian Christmas: Friday 15 December, Saturday 16 December, times to be announced
- 2018 Provo Founders’ Day Celebration: Saturday March 31 2018, time to be announced
- Volunteer Training: Saturday, May 6, 2017, 10:00 AM. If you plan to attend docent training, please RSVP at provopioneervillageSUP@gmail.com or 801-375-9299.
- First day of the regular season: Saturday, May 27, 2017 (Memorial Day weekend), 10:00 AM – 4:00 PM.
- Memorial Day: Monday, May 30, 2017, open 10:00 AM – 8:00 PM.
- Last day of the walk-in season (Labor Day): Tuesday, September 5, 2017 (Labor Day), open 10:00 AM – 7:00 PM. After this date, visits to the Pioneer Village are by appointment only.
From May-September the Village holds special community showcases. These events involve individuals and community groups joining us to tell the story of Provo’s pioneer settlement. When possible, these showcases will be posted to the calendar, but sometimes the showcases are spontaneous. Some things you might see:
- Blacksmith demonstrations and instruction
- Pioneer skills demonstrations and instruction
- Toy making (whirligigs, cornhusk dolls)
- Butter making
- Pioneer music and dance demonstrations
- Storytelling – Come and share your stories
- Quilt making and demonstrations
- Handcart rides and wagon rides
- Photo instruction
The Utah Old-time Fiddlers will perform at the Village every first and third Monday of each month during the summer season. Blacksmithing demonstrations happen each Monday, Wednesday and Friday, and occasionally on Thursdays and Saturdays as demand requires.
We are looking for partners from the community to share appropriate activities that will be instructional and entertaining. We invite community members to contact us with their ideas and availability.